Principal Software Engineer
- Uphold a high bar by participating in technical discussions, providing feedback on specs, and making recommendations
- Write high-quality code with tests
- Ship and own high-impact projects end-to-end with high-quality
- Lead and roll out technical initiatives that align the team with industry best practices for code quality, observability, and testing. You may find yourself leading a weekly meeting around how to improve the health of our services
- Take ambiguous technical problem statements and turn them into an actionable plan, then execute it with the team
- Model and execute against requirements involving complex and interdependent systems
- 12+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience building large-scale systems
- You have seen systems operating at a significant technical and organizational scale
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
- Comfortable at developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.