Senior Software Engineer, Global Payroll
We Are Engineering-First.
About The Role
What You'll Do
- Confidently ship moderate/large features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
- Modeling and executing against requirements involving complex and interdependent systems
- Taking ambiguous technical problem statements and turning them into an actionable plan, and then executing on it with the team
- Implement comprehensive unit tests for confirming functionality and the quality of code. Ensure high-quality code and related documentation.
- Build relationships with teams across engineering, ops, and support, to understand their needs and help improve their day-to-day workflows
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Preferred experience with Python, Go, Django, MongoDB, Postgres, AWS
- Experience in building platforms with good abstractions and architecture
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
- Ability to make nuanced tradeoff decisions
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture