Manager, Sales Enablement
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
We’re looking for a Manager, Sales Enablement to lead our product-aligned sales enablement team. Our product enablement team is responsible for ensuring that 1) we effectively launch new products to the field 2) our core AE and AMs have sufficient product knowledge and access to product resources to execute their roles and 3) that our product-specialized AE teams have the knowledge and process expertise to be successful.
Rippling sells dozens of products that serve HR, Finance, and IT buyers, and launches 2-5 net new products per quarter. The team you’ll lead is responsible for equipping our sales team to sell each new product and to maintain mastery of our existing product suites. You’ll collaborate with product, marketing, and sales leaders to: a) prioritize sales needs and tailor product training to various sales segments, b) refine our GTM processes to optimize our various product launches c) create custom enablement programs for our product overlay and SC teams and d) build, coach and develop, a high performing team to deliver the best quality enablement to our account executives and account managers.
Rippling’s compound-product strategy is a core value proposition to our customers, and as we continue to grow the footprint of our product, our growing sales force’s ability to successfully sell across a growing product suite is a key driver of our success in 2024 and beyond.
You’ll love this role if you’re excited by the challenge of developing the system for hundreds of sales people to effectively sell dozens of products, and making a significant impact on revenue
What you will do
- Manage a team of 6 product-aligned enablement PMs and oversee all product training at Rippling
- Collaborate with our GTM team to improve the quality of product launches to increase revenue from new products
- Partner with segment leaders to ensure product enablement is properly customized to meet their team’s needs
- Partner with specialty AE overlay teams and SC teams and customize enablement programs-inclusive of new hire, everboarding, skills training, content organization, and more - for their respective teams
- Coach and develop a team of high performers
- Get your hands dirty and jump in to assist in our highest visibility, thorniest projects to ensure proper execution
- Bring order to chaos with our product documentation. Ensure sellers can access the right information and assets in the moment they need them
What you will need
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Sales or Sales Enablement, preferably with experience in B2B SaaS and HR
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- Sales enablement – you are an expert at identifying what a sales force needs to learn and the best way to deliver that information to them.
- Product mastery – you roll your sleeves up to understand your products as deeply as the sales teams you train
- Process design – when something isn’t working, you’re the person developing a lightweight process improvement that’ll tackle the root problem
- Clear communicator – you can summarize information to inform stakeholders or define training objectives without bringing your audience deep into the weeds with you
- Self-starter - you have a bias towards action and are able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborator - you’re a team player who thinks big, is hands-on, organized, and solves problems.
- Organized – you have high attention to detail and are disciplined about keeping your stakeholders informed on a regular basis
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.