VP, Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Scaling to $1B ARR and beyond means we need to build a go-to-market engine that drives growth across multiple product lines, buyer segments, personas, and countries. That’s where you come in.
As our VP of Product Marketing, you’ll build and lead a team that orchestrates Rippling’s go-to-market: segmentation, targeting, positioning, messaging, campaigns, and more. Your team is responsible for gathering and analyzing market intelligence, then ensuring we’re targeting the right companies, with the right story, at the right time. You’ll also provide market feedback back to our product team to inform the roadmap.
This role is highly cross-functional. You’ll partner closely with our product, marketing, and sales teams to help Rippling win. This team sits within the marketing org, and takes the place of what would typically be thought of as strategic product marketing.
What you will do
- Drive Rippling’s end-to-end GTM strategy, execution, and performance. You’ll focus on our marketing strategy, and how it intersects with sales and other teams.
- Build, mentor, and lead a world-class team.
- Synthesize market insights about our products, buyers, and competitive landscape. You and your team should be the in-house experts on the market, customers, and competitive landscape.
- Drive positioning and messaging across products, our platform, use cases, and more.
- You’ll also be responsible for crafting the platform story that ties everything together.
- Ensure sales and marketing can tell not only tactical stories for end-users and admins, but also higher-altitude stories for executives.
- Create an always-on feedback loop between sales, product, and marketing, to ensure we react quickly to “on the ground” developments.
- Manage our GTM funnel like GM with a focus on how to improve metrics like awareness, pipeline, product attach rate, adoption, and customer retention. You’ll ensure both your team and cross functional partners are focused on the right initiatives.
- Be a spokesperson, evangelist, and thought leader with analysts, customers, and partners.
What you will need
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing. B2B experience with a multi-buyer sale is required. Strongly prefer experience in solutions and platform marketing.
- You are a self-starter with a bias towards action who is able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to translate customer and market insights into crisp GTM fundamentals, including segmentation, buyer personas, messaging, competitive positioning, pricing recommendations, and more.
- Superb cross-functional collaboration and project management skills. From Day 1, you’ll need to align stakeholders across multiple teams—many of which may have competing priorities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. While we won’t expect you to fine-tune marketing copy, you need to be able to clearly tell a story without resorting to corporate jargon.
- You sweat the details - small and big, alike.
- A creative spark. While analytical chops are critical to your success, we also pride ourselves on being able to think outside the box.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.