Staff Engineer-Apps Platform
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About The Role
The App platform at Rippling enables our customers to connect hundreds of 3rd party applications to the Rippling core applications through the power of APIs and developer tooling. We are on a mission to build a comprehensive suite of capabilities and interfaces to rapidly build and integrate thousands of third-party apps and data with Rippling’s platform to fuel business growth. Our vision is to drive a significant amount of automation in employee-related business systems and centralize the following:
- High-value workflows that accomplish business goals
- Insights and reporting that drive business decisions
- Data that powers compliance processes and regulatory output
In a nutshell, our platform supercharges 3rd party applications that our customers love with the Rippling magic, all the while guaranteeing a secure and reliable service.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop high-quality product software, drive the architectural decision and full life cycle of product delivery
- Learn and understand how your product can help Rippling continually differentiate itself
- Build and grow your engineering skills in different challenging areas and solve hard technical problems
- Influence architecture, technology selections and trends of the whole company
- 10+ years of professional work experience
- Experience building large-scale user-facing applications and developer tools
- Expertise in building complex distributed services with high availability and strict SLAs
- Strong CS fundamentals, and knowledge of architecture and common design patterns
- You’re good at cross-functional communication with product managers, designers, etc
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
- Bonus points if you are proficient in Python, Django, and MongoDB
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with SSO with SAML and/or OIDC protocols
- Bonus points if you’ve previously worked with AWS and have working knowledge of observability tooling