Associate Field Technician
Runwise is looking for a Field Technician Helper who is highly motivated, results-oriented and eager to learn.
Runwise (www.runwise.com) is a fast-paced New York City based energy start up that controls and runs heating systems in over 3,000 buildings throughout the Northeast. Runwise’s unique hardware and software services significantly reduce energy usage- substantially lowering costs and carbon output. As of today, Runwise’s technology takes the equivalent of 35,000 cars worth of emissions off the road each year.
As a Field Technician Helper at Runwise, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of property companies from large owners to individual coops and condos. You will ensure that Runwise delivers on our promise of both savings and excellent field service by servicing each customer and buildings unique needs. You will work closely with the lead field technicians to assist them on installations and service calls.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry materials tools to/from the work vehicle.
- Assist the lead technician in running sensor wires throughout the boiler room.
- Keep the work area, equipment and vehicles cles.
- Make low voltage connections for our network.
- Install space sensors
Who you are:
- You can read and understand blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Use an electrical meter, hand tools and power tools.
- Carry and use ladders safely.
- Install products with high quality workmanship.
- Willing to travel outside of the Boston area– We are a rapidly growing company and are expanding to other states rapidly.
- Willing and able to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work alone, with other employees, other trades and/or the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with building personnel, co-workers, and the public.
- Spanish speaking is preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of electrical experience or you have recently graduated from a trade school with an emphasis on electrical systems.
- Obtain OSHA 30 (immediately upon hiring).
- A working knowledge of current NEC.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Driver’s License and clean driving record.
Runwise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate and support diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences within our company.
- Salary (Hourly Rate): $25-$30 (Based on experience)
- Unlimited PTO
- Summer Fridays
We describe our Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and create a career path beyond this initial role. You will be surrounded by talented people where you will learn about real estate and software/managed services sales at a very fast growing tech company, whilst having a tangible impact on reducing carbon emissions across the country.