Lead Field Service Technician (Boiler Expertise a Plus)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Runwise is a premier industrial technology start-up that designs, manufactures and installs control units and sensor networks that monitor and regulate heating systems to reduce fuel waste and gas emissions. Headquartered in New York City, the company’s products are installed in more than 6000 buildings throughout the Northeast, providing building owners and managers with significant energy cost savings through active system monitoring.
Runwise is a fast-paced, fast-growing, customer-focused company looking for energetic, proactive and dependable individuals to join the team as it continues to expand operations.
For more information about Runwise, please visit: http://www.runwise.com/
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lead Field Service Technician is responsible for installing Runwise control and sensor networks in residential and commercial buildings and providing service calls.
- Install Runwise control and setup internet connection
- Install wired and wireless network sensors throughout buildings
- Test control and wireless network systems
- Navigate the anatomy of a boiler room and identify components in both steam and hydronic systems
- Coordinate installations with team scheduler
- Update and maintain various tracking systems to manage customer installation information that is critical for technology, monitoring and finance teams across the company
- Maintain necessary parts inventory in technicians' service van
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the electrical or HVAC field
- Must also have knowledge and understanding of computers and circuits
- Candidates do not need to come to the role with experience in the energy industry or with heating systems, but they must be willing to learn.
- Must have a clean and valid driver's license
Ideal candidates should also come with:
- Effective multi-tasking and efficient time management capabilities
- Natural initiative and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership in work
- Positive attitude
- Computer literacy with experience in Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Sheets
- Conversational Spanish is a plus
Runwise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate and support diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences within our company.
- Salary (Hourly Range): $35-$55/hr (varied on experience and market rate)
- Unlimited PTO
- Summer Fridays