The 1st Asian-inspired sparkling water, Sanzo celebrates high quality Asian flavors using real fruit and no added sugars. Our mission is to bridge cultures by connecting people to authentic flavors.
Who You Are
You will play a critical role in building and managing Sanzo’s accounting and finance function while providing strategic support to influence decision-making in a startup environment.
- Perform daily bookkeeping functions including revenue recognition, bank activity recording, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare journal entries and perform account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts (prepaids, accruals, etc.)
- Collaborate with Sales to effectively manage trade spend and customer deductions
- Provide financial support for month-end close, forecasting and annual planning
- Assist in developing and maintaining procedures and processes for accounting-related tasks
- Develop ad hoc financial analyses to support strategic growth initiatives
- You’re self-aware and you self-regulate. You understand who you are and always seek to get better. You’re accountable and transparent, knowing it’s way better to disappoint with a truth than to appease with a lie.
- You take pride in taking out the trash when no one is watching. You enjoy performing every task at a high quality simply because you can’t imagine doing otherwise.
- You’re that person people connect with. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a natural introvert or extrovert. When people meet you, they want to continue to be around you.
All of “Who You Are”, plus:
- 1-3 years experience in accounting, finance within the food & beverage consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry
- Strong attention to detail who takes personal ownership of deliverables
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
This is an opportunity to become an early employee at a high-growth start-up, with a high focus on your personal career development and continuous learning opportunities. You’ll find a supportive culture of continuous growth and empathy.
We also offer:
- Competitive pay, equity + paid time off
- Company subsidized health, dental & vision insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Flexible work scheduling: we’ll have necessary check-ins to ensure we’re aligned. But we trust you to do what is necessary to achieve your targets.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Sanzo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/regs/....
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base compensation for this position ranges from $60,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $70,000/year in our highest geographic market. Compensation is based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. As an emerging brand, Sanzo is a total compensation company. Depending on the position offered, equity, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal career site.