Technical Writer (Part-Time)
Seam is an API for controlling a wide range of IoT devices.
Today we primarily focus on door lock and access systems. Our customers span industries, such as hospitality, real-estate, or even last-mile delivery, and range in sieze from startups-in-garage to public companies.
Across the board, their goal is the same: use code to control hardware devices, and orchestrate the physical world.
Our team is made of alums from Nest, Sonder, Stanford, Apple, Latch, Berkeley, YC, and more. We shipped millions of IoT devices and built dev tools used by every developer on earth. We are advised by the amazing Bunnie Huang and backed by Tiger Global, Root VC, founders and execs at Stripe, Plaid, and Airbnb, and other amazing angels and funds.
We generally seek "sharp minds with kind souls." We prefer generalists over specialists; we move quickly, with purpose; we enjoy working with each other and aim to be the best.
Seam builds an API for controlling IoT devices, such as door locks, thermostats, sensors, cameras, and more. Software developers and businesses then use Seam’s API to connect devices with their applications and orchestrate their use. This lets them unlock doors for Airbnb guests or FedEx drivers, set thermostat temperatures to save energy and measure carbon emissions, and more.
The company was founded by early engineers from Nest, Github, Sonder, and Google. Based in San Francisco, Seam is backed by Tiger Global, Root Ventures, YC, and founders/execs from companies like Stripe, Plaid, Flexport, Airbnb, and many others.
About the Role
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our company as a part-time team member. You will be responsible for creating high-quality technical documentation for our API product that enables our customers to easily integrate and use our services. This is a part-time position with flexible hours, and the ideal candidate will have strong technical writing skills and experience in API documentation.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for our API product, including API reference documentation, developer guides, and tutorials.
- Work with our engineering, product, and sales teams to gather technical information and ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Review and edit existing documentation to improve clarity, accuracy, and consistency.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create content for the company website, blog, and social media channels.
- 1+ years of experience in technical writing or API documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize complex information.
- Passion for technology and content creation.
- You’re excited to work in spaces that don't have obvious answers.
Our Technology Stack
Frontend: React, Chakra UI
Backend: NodeJS, Next.js, Postgres, Vercel, Typescript
- react/nextjs, and some Python & Ruby here and there.
- running on Vercel with some workers on DigitalOcean.