Graphic Designer (Part-Time)
Seam is an API for controlling a wide range of IoT devices.
Today we primarily focus on door lock and access systems. Our customers span industries, such as hospitality, real-estate, or even last-mile delivery, and range in sieze from startups-in-garage to public companies.
Across the board, their goal is the same: use code to control hardware devices, and orchestrate the physical world.
Our team is made of alums from Nest, Sonder, Stanford, Apple, Latch, Berkeley, YC, and more. We shipped millions of IoT devices and built dev tools used by every developer on earth. We are advised by the amazing Bunnie Huang and backed by Tiger Global, Root VC, founders and execs at Stripe, Plaid, and Airbnb, and other amazing angels and funds.
We generally seek "sharp minds with kind souls." We prefer generalists over specialists; we move quickly, with purpose; we enjoy working with each other and aim to be the best.
Seam builds an API for controlling IoT devices, such as door locks, thermostats, sensors, cameras, and more. Software developers and businesses then use Seam’s API to connect devices with their applications and orchestrate their use. This lets them unlock doors for Airbnb guests or FedEx drivers, set thermostat temperatures to save energy and measure carbon emissions, and more.
The company was founded by early engineers from Nest, Github, Sonder, and Google. Based in San Francisco, Seam is backed by Tiger Global, Root Ventures, YC, and founders/execs from companies like Stripe, Plaid, Flexport, Airbnb, and many others.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand project requirements and objectives.
- Develop and produce high-quality design concepts, layouts, and visuals for various marketing materials, including brochures, social media graphics, website elements, and more.
- Proven experience as a Graphic Designer or in a similar role, showcasing a strong portfolio of design work.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other design software.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with team members.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and a strong aesthetic sense to create visually appealing designs.
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
*This is a part-time position offering flexible working hours, allowing you to balance your design career with other commitments.
If you're ready to unleash your creativity and contribute to our dynamic team, please submit your resume, portfolio, and any relevant design samples. We can't wait to review your work and discuss how you could be a valuable addition to our team!
- react/nextjs, and some Python & Ruby here and there.
- running on Vercel with some workers on DigitalOcean.