Software Engineer, Front End
The second brain for your data team
Software Engineer, Front End
About the role
The Software Engineer, Frontend, at Secoda will contribute to our customers' experience using Secoda and the overall success of the company. In this role, you'll collaborate closely with design, product management, and engineering to shape our core platform, improving performance, and influencing our product roadmap. We value your problem-solving skills, technical acumen, and ability to communicate complex ideas. We prioritize your potential, passion for learning, and commitment to best practices that will bring meaningful impact and help shape our platform's future.
Role and responsibilities:
- Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to build features and improvements for the core platform (ex. how to display data lineage that’s both performant and intuitive)
- Work with the engineering team to increase the scalability of Secoda’s platform (e.g. React component performance and reusability)
- Work with the customer success team to help diagnose and fix bugs
- Work with the product team to guide the roadmap towards features that help solve the most important problems for customers
Engineers on the team today:
- Work with React (TypeScript), Python (Django), Postgres, and AWS.
- Are supportive—especially when teammates are faced with new challenges
- Are able to autonomously figure out the solutions to their challenges
- Put themselves in the shoes of our users to craft a great experience
- Value clear and frequent communication
- Are naturally curious and willing to take a step to learn something they don’t have experience in
- Feel a great sense of accountability to our users
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least 3 years of industry experience working as a frontend software engineer
- A fundamental understanding of some of the core technologies in our stack
- Proficiency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to have
- Familiarity with data tools such as data warehouses (Snowflake & BigQuery), BI (Tableau, Looker & Mode), and others (dbt & Fivetran)
- Experience working in early-stage startup environments
Secoda provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to be a part of a growing, dynamic, and innovative environment, employee discounts, wellness programs, and other perks.
If your experience aligns with this role you're looking for an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup, then we want to hear from you!
Secoda makes the experience of exploring and using data as intuitive, fast, and useful as using Google Search. Secoda stands for searchable company data and our vision is to continue to work towards a tool that makes browsing for data knowledge as easy as finding a website on Google.