At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting and fully automated ordering to food retailers across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste generated while simultaneously maximizing sales and expanding margins for grocers—a triple win for suppliers and retailers, consumers, and the environment.
We’re hiring people based in the Akron, OH area to take inventory, merchandise, and complete audits at various grocery locations.
This is a part-time position, 8-10 hours per week.
* Competitive Pay at $17.00/hr + Mileage Reimbursement
As an Inventory Specialist at Shelf Engine you will:
- Become a Brand Ambassador for Shelf Engine, providing high caliber customer service
- Conduct inventory checks to provide up-to-date data to our forecasting system
- Collaborate with in-store Team Leaders, Department Managers, and Associates to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure our shelves and displays are properly stocked and organized
- Report on grocery locations’ performance utilizing Shelf Engine’s proprietary tools
- Travel between locations within your market
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- You embrace our company principles: make the first move, make better decisions, be furiously curious, commit and deliver, have empathy, invent solutions, be authentic
- Experience in the Grocery or Food Service industry is helpful but not required
- Positive can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Reliable transportation and a valid Driver’s License
- Smartphone (Android or Apple)
- Ability to work in walk-in cooler
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Authorized to work in the US
What Shelf Engine offers you:
- Competitive Pay at $17.00/hr
- Paid Time Off, accrued based on hours worked
- Mileage reimbursement, based on the current IRS standard
- 401k plan through Guideline to contribute to your financial future, optional
At Shelf Engine, you will join a team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry to make change in an untapped industry. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but also tackling key initiatives with significant environmental impacts. Our team is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.