At Skillbank, we're on a mission to provide career training to anyone that's motivated to work and land a job. Skillbank is an online career accelerator for people looking to land a full-time, entry-level, marketing job. In 12-weeks we teach our participants everything they need to know to work and present themselves to marketing agencies.
As content marketer at SkillBank, you will be an early member of our Los Angeles-based Marketing Team. This is a brand new role on the team and we’re looking for a person who loves creating content and coming up with new content ideas. You will be on the frontlines of our business.
Our team is determined to make an impact and help people land their dream jobs. Our investors include TikTok stars Josh Richards and Griffin Johnson, John Kobs (Apartment List CEO), Hustle Fund, Soma Capital, Jason Calacanis, Hawke Media Fund, and Goodwater Capital.
We are looking for a content marketer to join our team. If you love creating high-quality and engaging content and drive business success with it, we want you on our team!
As a content marketer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall content strategy to drive applications to SkillBank's marketing program.
This is a unique opportunity to join a mission-driven, early-stage startup with high-growth career potential. Everything you do has the ability to make a real, measurable impact on SkillBank's growth and success.
In this role, you’ll report directly to our CEO and be based in Los Angeles.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the voice of our applicant's needs throughout the company and use your expertise to develop new go-to-market ideas.
- Inform our admissions team applicant personas and market trends.
- Manage organic content on our social platforms that are including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
Expected from you
- Experience in producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Strong understanding of the marketing world and marketing terms.
- Past experience building audiences either online or offline
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in producing smart CTAs according to the visitor lifecycle stage
- Passion for our mission to make tech more accessible for people from all backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal verbal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships
- Equally strong in written communications, with the ability to think creatively and send emails of high quality
- Connectivity - you have a high EQ, empathy for others, and are excellent at quickly building relationships with others & understanding their challenges or needs
- Ability to translate manual processes into scale, contributing to our Sales playbook
- Experience across a variety of software platforms and tools, such as Salesforce and Zapier.
- In-depth knowledge of the HubSpot Content Optimization System
- Highly adaptable self-starter and eager to work in a growing, early-stage start-up
SkillBank is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.