Lifecycle Marketing Manager
At Skillbank, we're on a mission to provide career training to anyone that's motivated to work and land a job. Skillbank is an online career accelerator for people looking to land a full-time, entry-level, marketing job. In 12-weeks we teach our participants everything they need to know to work and present themselves to marketing agencies.
As Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will be an early member of our Los Angeles-based Marketing Team. This is a brand new role on the team and we’re looking for a person who loves understanding, diving into and building customer journeys, and as such will have an immediate and direct impact on key company-level growth. You will be on the frontlines of our business.
Our team is determined to make an impact and help people land their dream jobs. Our investors include TikTok stars Josh Richards and Griffin Johnson, John Kobs (Apartment List CEO), Hustle Fund, Soma Capital, Jason Calacanis, Hawke Media Fund, and Goodwater Capital.
We are looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to join our team. If you love creating high-quality and engaging content and drive business success with it, we want you on our team!
As a Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall content strategy to drive applications to SkillBank's marketing program.
This is a unique opportunity to join a mission-driven, early-stage startup with high-growth career potential. Everything you do has the ability to make a real, measurable impact on SkillBank's growth and success.
In this role, you’ll report directly to our CEO and be based in Los Angeles.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define and lead SkillBank’s multifaceted lifecycle marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns across all CRM channels (including email, in-browser and SMS) to increase subscriber retention and renewal rates.
- Collaborate with the product team on user journeys from onboarding to inviting friends.
- Design communications and notifications to encourage more usage and distribution.
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting and contact strategies to maximize performance of key subscriber segments.
- Consistently launch and monitor experiments designed to impact user retention, engagement, and product development.
- Work with the development team to highlight key engagement and churn indicators, and leverage data to continuously strive for personalization at every touchpoint.
- Set objective goals and proactively measure and communicate results to the wider organization.
- Produce compelling and informative content to help our users be more successful on The Org and at work.
Expected from you
We are seeking someone who has built a lifecycle marketing experience from the ground up. Someone who is excited to take on that challenge at the earliest stage of a high growth company aiming to redefine online education. You should be curious about the future of work and online education and how the tools we use to work together need to be rebuilt completely.
- 2+ years of marketing experience in high growth startups or fast-moving companies, with direct experience in lifecycle marketing.
- Relevant experience in creating and scaling end-to-end omnichannel programs (email, push, SMS) across customer lifecycle stages.
- Extensive writing experience and love for the craft.
- Experience with ESPs like Customer.io, CRM tools like Hubspot, and analytics tools like Amplitude.
- Expertise in crafting marketing personas and targeting them with personalized content
- Strong familiarity with B2C content initiatives (B2B experience is a plus!)
- SQL, HTML, and CSS experience is a plus.
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in producing smart CTAs according to the visitor lifecycle stage
- Passion for our mission to make education more accessible for people from all backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal verbal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships
- Equally strong in written communications, with the ability to think creatively and send emails of high quality
- Connectivity - you have a high EQ, empathy for others, and are excellent at quickly building relationships with others & understanding their challenges or needs
- Ability to translate manual processes into scale, contributing to our Sales playbook
- Experience across a variety of software platforms and tools, such as Salesforce and Zapier. * In-depth knowledge of the HubSpot Content Optimization System
- Highly adaptable self-starter and eager to work in a growing, early-stage start-up
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Office in West Hollywood
- Office Labradoodle
SkillBank is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.