Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative
Working location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Are you ready to make a meaningful contribution to global sustainability and drive the progress of energy transition? Join SmartHelio, an innovative startup backed by Y Combinator and based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Our global impact has earned us recognition as a "Best for the World" company by the B-Corporation Institute, highlighting our substantial commitment to environmental initiatives.
We accelerate the adoption of sustainable energy in the face of climate change. We are disrupting the energy sector by providing AI to help generate more energy from solar assets and make them truly green and sustainable. Kindly visit www.smarthelio.com for more information.
About the Role
The role is a full-time employment opportunity. SmartHelio operates in EU, Asian and North American solar energy markets and currently engages with multiple projects with solar energy champions. You will be working closely with the CEO, Business and Product teams in Switzerland and India.
1. Representing our company’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding of them.
2. Proactively seeking new leads and business opportunities in the market.
3. Using HubSpot (CRM, sales engagement platform), cold calling, and emailing to generate new sales opportunities.
4. Setting up meetings or calls between potential customers and sales executives.
5. Managing and maintaining a pipeline of interested prospects and engaging targets for the next steps.
6. Identifying best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook.
7. Identifying prospects’ needs and suggesting appropriate products/services.
8. Reporting to the sales manager with weekly and monthly results.
What you will need
Education Background - A degree (bachelor’s accepted with relevant work experience, or master’s) in Business Administration, Engineering, or a relevant field.
Additional requirements are as follows -
- 1. C1 in English + C1 in German. Other languages are a plus.
- 2. Previous experience in sales, preferably in the solar renewable energy sector.
- 3. Empathy and good communication skills via phone and email.
- 4. Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment.
- 5. Desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- 6. Good time-management skills with a problem-solving attitude.
The role is presential and you will join our office in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- A compensation package offered is commensurate with industry standards and reflective of the candidate's skills and experience.
- Opportunity to work with global energy experts and intensively learn about a fast-growing renewable energy industry.
- Opportunity to learn and explore the B2B and software industry.
- Opportunity to network with people in India, Europe, and the US as well as take part of the Swiss Startup ecosystem.
- Opportunity to lead strategies and manage portfolios independently.
The selected candidate will have the chance to grow in a promising start-up. Do you like this mission description, and recognize yourself in this profile? Then send us your confidential file or email us if you need more information.