Head of Marketing (They, she, he)
At SolarMente we have a clear mission: to revolutionize the way homeowners generate, store and distribute their own solar energy. We believe that people play a key role in this transition and it is in our hands the power to shift towards a sustainable, simple and cost-effective future. Easy, right? 🌱
Our Marketing team is growing at the speed of light! That's why we're looking for a Head of Marketing (based in Barcelona) who has experience building the department's strategy from scratch and is eager to lead a Marketing team. You will help us to scale and optimize our customer acquisition channels by optimizing the performance of the agreed KPIs.
A major expectation for this role is to unify and align the Marketing team's objectives, projects, and metrics to drive more holistic and comprehensive outcomes. The Head of Marketing will assume ownership of the full customer journey through all marketing touchpoints and across all constituents. CAC is the biggest challenge in residential solar (see: https://medium.com/(at)Sunrun/a-clear-eyed-look-at-residential-solars-customer-value-acquisition-costs-5431c5a63f8e) and building scalable acquisition channels is a game changer!
🚀 What will be your challenge?
- Build the strategy (online and offline) of the Marketing department.
- Consolidate SolarMente's brand and image.
- Find new acquisition channels (think out of the box), help us scale while keeping our CAC 3x lower than industry average.
- Manage the Marketing team & Marketing budget.
- Here are examples of things we’ve worked on:
- Created a Youtube channel (live streaming, testimony videos) to demystify Solar for homeowners.
- Work with the dev team to create our own Solar Academy, where all user questions are answered and automatically pushed to our website (Strong SEO presence).
- Close key partnerships with real estate agencies to become their "Solar Partner"
🎖You are the ideal person for the position if you...
- Believe in our mission and want to be part of the revolution.
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a Head od Marketing, C.M.O, Growth Hacker or Marketing strategist. (Preference for consumer products/services).
- A fundamental understanding of performance marketing/SEO/Acquisition channels for B2C consumer products and of branding/storytelling
- You have experience in Social Ads, Google Adwords, SEO, SEM, mailing, etc.
- You are results and metrics oriented (CAC, CPL, CPC, etc).
- You have experience managing teams and creating processes and procedures.
- You have good aesthetic taste and sensitivity for our brand image.
- You are a decisive person (not afraid of challenges, come on).
- You have good communication skills and you like to create synergies with people.
- You speak Spanish at a native level (C1 or C2).
- You have a super good level of English (at least C1).
🍍What do we offer?
- Full-time permanent contract with competitive base salary.
- Join SolarMente during its rapid growth after being funded ($2.1M by Y Combinator in Silicon Valley).
- Flexible schedule (full time 40 hours per week) and intensive work on Fridays
- Hybrid office-remote model
- 30 calendar days of vacation per year
- Team activities and afterwork (sailing, races, beers, networking, dinners)
- Active training: English or Spanish classes for all employees
- Agreement with Urban Sport Club gym
- Join SolarMente as one of the first 50 hires
SolarMente is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.