Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2023
Who we are:
Sora is a platform for individuals to cryptographically prove their identities online in a more secure, privacy-preserving, and inclusive way. We’re a seed-stage startup out of Stanford and are backed by some of the original investors in Facebook, Stripe, and Airbnb, among many other category-defining companies.
$200B is lost to ecommerce fraud annually. Three million Americans have their worlds turned upside down by identity theft every year. Our goal is to eliminate antiquated secret-based authentication such as passwords and social security numbers—which causes much of this fraud—and become a universal digital identity credential, modernizing verification on the internet.
Sora is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse community inclusive of those with every background and perspective. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply—as an identity company, a wide range of perspectives is crucial to achieving our mission.
What we value:
- Integrity: we want to do this the right way, building a company that can serve as a model for others and constantly reviewing our impact
- Honesty and open communication: we have a feedback culture that prioritizes helping everyone improve
- Intention: being thoughtful, methodical, and always keeping in mind our North Star of building a 10x better paradigm for online identity
- Positivity: work should be fun; we build each other up and always back each other
- Humility: we are cognizant of the unknown unknowns; we’re smart and driven, but prioritize listening and learning to achieve our vision
What you'll do:
- Own the front-end design and user experience of our product, working hand-in-hand with the founding team
- Design and build delightful user- and business customer-facing product features
- Spearhead our strategy for providing a unified experience across web, iOS, and Android
- Conduct user interviews and iterate on UI based on user feedback
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience designing and building delightful user-facing software
- Experience with front-end frameworks for one of web (e.g. React), iOS (Swift), and/or Android (Kotlin)
- Comfortable using UI design tools (ex. Figma)
- Adept at empathizing with the user experience
- Detail-obsessed and thorough
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Product Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience with test-driven development and front-end functional testing
- Experience conducting user interviews
If you could see yourself at Sora but don’t check every box, apply anyway!
Our tech stack:
- Python/FastAPI backend
- React/iOS/Android frontend
- Docker and Google Cloud Platform for containerization and infrastructure
What working with us will look like:
- Competitive compensation with a significant equity grant; unlimited PTO and flexibility
- Health, vision, and dental insurance; 401(k) with match
- Lots of free food and a weekly happy hour!
- Valued input in every conversation and every room
- Scrappy, go-getter environment: we don’t have chefs or nap pods, but we’re passionate about making our vision reality