Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2023
Who we are:
Sora is a platform for individuals to cryptographically prove their identities online in a more secure, privacy-preserving, and inclusive way. We’re a seed-stage startup out of Stanford and are backed by some of the original investors in Facebook, Stripe, and Airbnb, among many other category-defining companies.
$200B is lost to ecommerce fraud annually. Three million Americans have their worlds turned upside down by identity theft every year. Our goal is to eliminate antiquated secret-based authentication such as passwords and social security numbers—which causes much of this fraud—and become a universal digital identity credential, modernizing verification on the internet.
Sora is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse community inclusive of those with every background and perspective. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply—as an identity company, a wide range of perspectives is crucial to achieving our mission.
What we value:
- Integrity: we want to do this the right way, building a company that can serve as a model for others and constantly reviewing our impact
- Honesty and open communication: we have a feedback culture that prioritizes helping everyone improve
- Intention: being thoughtful, methodical, and always keeping in mind our North Star of building a 10x better paradigm for online identity
- Positivity: work should be fun; we build each other up and always back each other
- Humility: we are cognizant of the unknown unknowns; we’re smart and driven, but prioritize listening and learning to achieve our vision
What you’ll do:
- Grow pipeline and drive qualified leads for sales by developing a multi-channel marketing strategy, including digital, inbound, ABM, and more.
- Identify and build out the next N demand “engines” that will power the future phases of growth for Sora
- Experiment with channels and mediums to see what works and what doesn’t; build intuition by getting to the ground truth of results by standing up MVPs before scaling
- Use data-driven methodologies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of all growth programs
- Collaborate with the product team to set shared goals and understand business objectives; translate those into effective programs to drive demand and conversion
Who you are:
- You’re data driven and have strong decision making skills. With lots of ambiguity and imperfect context, you should be able to spot trends and form hypotheses on what to do next with relative ease, iterating and experimenting constantly.
- You have a track record of driving results. While you will learn a lot here and reach new heights for Sora and your own career, you should be able to show you have used your skills, influence, growth mindset, ability to work with constraints, etc to achieve notable results in the past.
- You have a founder mindset. Our business is constantly growing and changing. You will need to be able to prioritize high impact ideas and push them from conception to planning to execution.
- You have b2b and/or SaaS experience. While in many ways b2b and b2c marketing are becoming more similar, this cannot be the first time you’ve worked with leads, pipeline, sales, and recurring revenue.
- You hang your hat on metrics. Marketing and growth can be wishy-washy at times. Given our company's stage and the hurdles between where we are today and our vision, success in this role will require laser focus on measurable outcomes that drive us towards company goals.
- Experience developing a marketing pipeline from scratch as the first or second marketing hire at a high growth SaaS startup
- Experience vetting and implementing a marketing tech stack
- Previously founded a company
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation with a significant equity grant
- Unlimited PTO and location flexibility: in-person in NYC, hybrid, or remote
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Free food in the office and free dinners when working anywhere
- Free unlimited cloud backup for personal computers