Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Who we are:
Sora is a platform for individuals to cryptographically prove their identities online in a more secure, privacy-preserving, and inclusive way. We’re a seed-stage startup out of Stanford and are backed by some of the original investors in Facebook, Stripe, and Airbnb, among many other category-defining companies.
$200B is lost to ecommerce fraud annually. Three million Americans have their worlds turned upside down by identity theft every year. Our goal is to eliminate antiquated secret-based authentication such as passwords and social security numbers—which causes much of this fraud—and become a universal digital identity credential, modernizing verification on the internet.
Sora is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse community inclusive of those with every background and perspective. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply—as an identity company, a wide range of perspectives is crucial to achieving our mission.
What we value:
- Integrity: we want to do this the right way, building a company that can serve as a model for others and constantly reviewing our impact
- Honesty and open communication: we have a feedback culture that prioritizes helping everyone improve
- Intention: being thoughtful, methodical, and always keeping in mind our North Star of building a 10x better paradigm for online identity
- Positivity: work should be fun; we build each other up and always back each other
- Humility: we are cognizant of the unknown unknowns; we’re smart and driven, but prioritize listening and learning to achieve our vision
What you'll do:
- Work creatively with Head of BD to identify prospective accounts and reach decision-makers
- Lead and test outbound campaigns to drive top of funnel pipeline
- Implement and own analytics on outbound sales motion, in a tight loop with VP Sales and founding team
- Collaborate across the entire team (Marketing, Product) to optimize sales enablement and messaging
- Grow into other roles as needed—part of the fun of working at a fast-paced startup!
Who you are:
- 1-3 years experience selling software to fintechs; past startup experience or experience selling compliance or fraud software is a strong plus
- You have a track record of exceeding quotas
- Strong verbal and written comms (esp. succinctness)
- You have a startup BD vibe: you’re hungry, persistent, and resilient, and you take ownership of your outcomes and adapt quickly based on feedback
- You’re a curious learner who wants to deeply understand our customers and hunt for potential target customers
- Bonus: You’re a former athlete and can bring that same competitive spirit and work ethic to your role at Sora ID
What working with us will look like:
- Competitive compensation with significant upside
- Unlimited PTO
- Health, vision, and dental insurance; 401(k) with match
- Free lunches, lots of snacks, and a weekly happy hour (that we all really look forward to!)
- A sweet office in the middle of the Flatiron District
- Scrappy, go-getter environment
See more open positions at Sora ID
Something looks off?