Standard Metrics, formerly known as Quaestor, is an automated financial collaboration platform that helps investors and founders to move faster together and make better, forward-facing decisions. We're a full-time team of product builders, investors, and optimists, rebuilding investor relations from the ground up. Standard Metrics is backed by 8VC and Spark Capital along with other leading software VCs and angels and is currently a trusted resource for many of the top venture capital firms in the world.
Come build with us
We're looking to add several experienced full-stack engineers to our team. There's an opportunity to have a big impact at this early stage, not only on the core product but also on the culture and direction of the company. We're looking for someone who's comfortable going outside their comfort zone and wearing many different hats. Strong experience building web applications is essential; if you've built them from scratch, that's even better. While many of us are working from home or remotely, we're prioritizing candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area for now.
- Design, architect, and build Standard Metrics’ core product as a member of the engineering team.
- Take ownership of entire outcomes, and continue to support and grow them through iteration, documentation, and bug fixes. We do not have a QA team.
- Collaborate with the product team in scoping and defining the features that will best help the company achieve the outcomes aligned with our goals and the values we believe in.
- Be an active contributor to the company culture and future hiring efforts.
Experience that will help
- Strong record of building and delivering web applications.
- Expertise in a modern web framework (Django, Rails, Express, Gin, etc.).
- Expertise in a modern SPA framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.).
- Expertise in modern infrastructure (Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, CircleCI, etc.).
- Understanding and adherence to modern software development practices (Gitflow, continuous integration, peer reviews, etc.).
Competitive salary: For our employees located in the USA, we aim to pay at or above the market rate of US-based tech hubs like San Francisco or NYC. For international roles, we aim to pay top of market for your country.
Health and dental insurance: We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100% in the USA. Internationally we match local health coverage for you and your family.
Flexible vacation: Take time off when you need it! We find most employees take 3-4 weeks in addition to holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust our employees to know what's best for them.
Paid parental leave: 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents in the USA. Internationally we match parental leave standards in your area.
Complete transparency: Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Something looks off?