Standard Metrics, formerly known as Quaestor, is an automated financial collaboration platform that helps investors and founders to move faster together and make better, forward-facing decisions. We're a full-time team of product builders, investors, and optimists, rebuilding investor relations from the ground up. Standard Metrics is backed by 8VC and Spark Capital along with other leading software VCs and angels and is currently a trusted resource for many of the top venture capital firms in the world.
Come build with us
We are building out our small but mighty Sales team. We are looking for motivated, focused, curious, and coachable sales professionals with experience across the full spectrum of the software sales cycle – prospecting, defining and articulating value proposition, business case development, stakeholder management, negotiation and closing. You will get a front-row seat in the facilitating, fast-paced and impactful world of venture capital and private markets and will have the opportunity for an exciting mix of tactical and strategic work as we look to rapidly expand our playbook, team and business.
- Drive new business opportunities for selling Standard Metric’s software and services engagements within assigned territory
- Develop and implement a sales strategy against assigned territory and/or targeted list of customers
- Develop a deep understanding of, and effectively articulate, the Standard Metric’s offering and value proposition in the market
- Constantly focused on pipeline generation within the territory to ensure long-term success
- Manage opportunities through the sales cycle from initial inquiry to forecasted pipeline to deal design and close
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue objectives for your territory
- Provide continuous updates on all active accounts and report on sales, activities, status and progress on a regular basis
- Collaborate across the Sales, Solutions Architect, SDR, and Customer Success team on cross team projects & initiatives to ensure revenue team success
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Travel for client visits, conferences and networking events
Experience that will help
- 3-6 years of progressive SaaS software sales experience to companies
- Strong track record of success in closing business in large complex enterprise accounts
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, financial and organizational capabilities. Able to thrive in an evolving, entrepreneurial structure and environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work at both a tactical and strategic level
- Must possess a can-do, self-starter mentality in a highly collaborative atmosphere
- High emotional intelligence, empathy and curiosity
- Experience with Private Markets firms, Venture Capital or Private Equity is a plus.
- Experience selling into the CFO & COO persona is a plus
Competitive salary: For our employees located in the USA, we aim to pay at or above the market rate of US-based tech hubs like San Francisco or NYC. For international roles, we aim to pay top of market for your country.
Health and dental insurance: We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100% in the USA. Internationally we match local health coverage for you and your family.
Flexible vacation: Take time off when you need it! We find most employees take 3-4 weeks in addition to holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust our employees to know what's best for them.
Paid parental leave: 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents in the USA. Internationally we match parental leave standards in your area.
Complete transparency: Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Something looks off?