STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. As a Systems Engineer at a small and growing startup, you will own the integration of multidisciplinary subsystems for a launch vehicle and/or spacecraft, and will ensure all parts of the vehicle work together to meet the customer’s objectives. You will work from first principles and/or apply advanced analysis tools to solve technical problems across the full range of vehicle environments. You will work across the product lifecycle from early concept development through vehicle integration and operations. You should be organized, a good communicator, and excellent at identifying and solving problems related to the integration of complex systems. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Exceptional fundamentals across aerospace engineering disciplines including fluid systems, structural analysis, flight dynamics, orbital mechanics, and/or electrical engineering
- Demonstrated experience working on one or more development projects through the full lifecycle, from concept through operations, on an aerospace or similar high-performance product
- Proficiency working with interdisciplinary technical teams, including mechanical, electrical, and software engineers
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals, and ability to apply that knowledge in practical ways to a fast-paced development program
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Listen to customer input and use first principles to develop conceptual system architecture, concept of operations (ConOps), and functional capabilities which meet customer objectives.
- Define system requirements to meet functional capabilities and ConOps, define product breakdown, and decompose requirements to lower-level products.
- Negotiate interfaces between stakeholders and ensure interfaces are documented and kept up to date.
- Estimate vehicle loads and environments and develop plans to validate estimates.
- Manage changes to requirements, interfaces, and designs throughout the development process.
- Facilitate and document system safety analyses such as Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA) and Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analyses (FMECA) in coordination with the design team.
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Meaningful equity
- Level 2 Range: $96,700 - $145,100
- Level 3 Range: $120,900 - $181,300
- Level 4 Range: $147,700 - $221,600
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.