STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. As a Test Engineer at our Moses Lake test site, you will be responsible for collaborating with other engineers and technicians to design and build test stands rapidly, as well as operate and maintain them efficiently once they are up and running. You will work with hardware and software, mechanical systems and electrical systems. You will test rocket components, engines, and full stage vehicles. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Designing and building fluid, mechanical, instrumentation, and control systems for various test applications
- Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting fluid, mechanical, instrumentation, and control systems for various test applications
- Managing project schedules
- Writing test procedures
- Performing hazard analysis
- Performing test data analysis
- Safely operate high pressure and cryogenic systems
- As part of a small team, you will also perform everyday tasks to keep the site running (shipping and receiving, administrative tasks, etc.)
- Exceptional command of fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or similar
- Related experience from internships of college organizations
- Experience with integrating and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic systems
- Experience with high pressure or hazardous environments
- Willing to work outdoors for long periods of time
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Passion for building something with high quality, willing to attend work with a positive and humble attitude, and willing to take ownership of large and small tasks to help the team be successful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience designing fluid systems from scratch
- Experience creating P&IDs
- Experience writing and operating test procedures
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 1Range: $61,300 - $91,900
- Level 2 Range: $76,600 - $114,900
- Level 3 Range: $91,900 - $137,900
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.