Retail Senior Account Manager
The Flex Company
Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
The Flex Company is seeking a Senior Account Manager who is excited to accelerate growth for our Retail business across our portfolio of brands, Flex and Soft.
The ideal candidate has 3-5+ years of national brand experience in the CPG space and is excited to apply their expertise to a category- creating, omnichannel company. You'll work directly with our merchant and broker partners to deliver day-to-day account management for your key retail customers, delivering best-in-class customer support and thought leadership. You’re responsible for growing a healthy base business and will create and execute on strategic promotional strategies towards our awareness, trial, sales and penetration goals.
Salary Range: $130-145k
- Account Management & Growth
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current retail partners.
- Identify opportunities to drive top-line growth within existing accounts.
- Ensure our brand's products are properly represented, merchandised, and promoted in-store and online.
- Develop and implement a strategic trade spend plan aligned with company goals and ROI objectives.
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize promotional strategies to achieve desired sales outcomes.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure budget adherence and cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee and manage broker relationships to ensure alignment with our brand's strategies and performance metrics.
- Conduct twice-yearly performance reviews and provide feedback to brokers to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with brokers to gain insights and address any challenges in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain accurate retail sales forecasts, incorporating historical sales, market trends, and promotional plans.
- Coordinate with supply chain and production teams to ensure product availability aligns with forecasted demand.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas of concern.
Trade Spend Management
Forecasting & Analytics
- 3-5 years experience in a retail sales or buying role, specifically within the CPG space.
- Track record of growing an account through added points of distribution, securing secondary placements, etc.
- Deep expertise in either Mass, Drug, and Grocery. Natural & organic, a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen and comfortable analyzing sales results, making projections, and reporting to leadership.
- Demonstrated expertise in broker strategy and management.
- Ideal candidate has managed accounts independent of and in partnership with brokers.
- Have directly owned retail financial plans and is comfortable forecasting dollar and unit sales with a bottoms up and tops down approach.
- Proficiency navigating across various retail customer portals (e.g., Target POL/CNA, Walgreens Supplier Net, Kroger Supplier Hub).
- Expertise in customer onboarding and new item set-up including manual submissions and centralized online databases (e.g. 1WorldSync and Label Insight).
- Adept at analyzing data and drawing insights from syndicated sources (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, SPINS).
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and project management skills.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally with a proven track record of building deep relationships.
In 1 Month, you will:
- Meet our team and understand Flex's mission, vision & values
- Familiarize yourself with our Retail business, performing a deep dive into current retail partnerships and our category
- Work with Brand Management and Product Development teams to gain thorough understanding of innovation pipeline
- Assume day-to-day management of key accounts, acting as main point of contact
- Familiarize yourself with internal forecasting methodology and expectations
- Understand & seamlessly navigate relationships across the sales ecosystem including brokers, merchants, and operational partners
- Support line reviews by preparing presentation decks, analyzing sales performance, and compiling compelling new product sell sheets
In 3 Months:
- Own the sales and operations planning process for key customers, building out a well-informed forecast based on sales data, promotional plans, and retailer insights
- Forecast ROI and analyze results for all promotional activities, recommending strategic changes based on rolling brand & item level performance
- Articulate broker strategy, and evaluate current performance of broker partners
- Craft a strategy for 2024 line reviews on key accounts and present to key stakeholders internally
- Independently lead 1:1 interactions with broker partners and retail merchant teams
- Increase sales productivity ($ and units) for your accounts by monitoring store level execution, pricing, healthy inventory levels, and merchandising
In 6 Months:
- Collaborate with retail and broker partners to build joint business plans for 2023
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes, scale retail sales efforts, and elevate our strategic position in the marketplace
- Represent The Flex Co at relevant trade events and seek out meaningful interactions with our merchant partners
- Demonstrable progress towards execution of broker strategy
- Uncover new opportunities to demonstrate thought leadership and insert The Flex Co as a strategic partner to grow the total category for retail partners
- Collaborate with Brand Management team to build a 3-year growth strategy for current customers, with a plan to grow market share across relevant channels
Our Shared Values
- Lead with Intention: Leaders are made not born. Leadership is a practice of intention. And through that intention is how we will ultimately succeed in realizing our mission and vision.
- Embrace Accountability: We are imperfect in our actions, results, and even sometimes our intentions. By making accountability a practice, we destigmatize failure, increase trust with others, and accelerate learning both at the individual and the team level.
- Practice a Growth Mindset: Growth comes at the edge of our comfort zone. We repeatedly place ourselves there by risking failure and embracing the challenges that failure presents us to own our growth and support others in theirs.
- Be You: We want people to show up as they are because that creates a healthier, more dynamic, and effective work environment. Just as much to do with being oneself, so too is it our shared responsibility to create space for others to be their authentic self as well.
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative, sustainable, life-changing period products. After years of disappointment and discomfort trying dozens of products, Lauren Schulte Wang founded Flex to create body-safe, medical grade alternatives that outperform traditional period products. Flex Disc and Flex Cup generate 60% less waste and have the capacity of up to three super tampons, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people possible, Flex is available at Walmart, Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and at flexfits.com.
Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, and other protected categories. From our hiring practices to the design of our flagship products, we believe equity and diversity is critical to the ideas, talent, and processes that help us create the most positive impact for our customers and for each other. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply to be a team member at The Flex Company.
We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental and vision health insurance, paid parental leave, cell phone reimbursement, and $1,000 annual wellness and learning credit.