Director of Underwriting & Market Development
At Tint, we believe any company should be able to protect its customers from the inherent risks of using its product or service. We empower tech platforms to increase conversions and generate new revenue streams by embedding protection. We help companies such as Deel, Outdoorsy, Guesty, Neighbor, CitizenShipper, and Riders Share, among others, unlock the growth of their core business and improve profitability with protection products.
Tint provides expert services and innovative technology to build, launch, and manage protection programs leveraging our simple API and no-code app. To date, we’ve helped millions of users get peace of mind.
We've raised $30M and are backed by world-class investors such as Y Combinator, QED, Deciens, Nyca, Plug and Play, WIN, Soma Capital, Pioneer Fund, and angels such as Vikram Pandit (former CEO Citigroup) and founders/CEOs of Oscar Health, Sun Microsystems, Zuora, Gusto, Kin, Turo, Mercury, Wepay, Ramp, amongst others.
About the Role:
Tint is looking for a leader to build and develop the insurance underwriting and reinsurance infrastructure to power a diverse range of assurance and insurance offerings. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing all underwriting, pricing, risk transfer and market relationships.
What you'll do at Tint:
- Build the next generation risk transfer engine
- Develop internal underwriting guidelines, pricing models, and controls to enable unique protection offerings for Tint’s clients
- Lead design and development of new risk transfer structures and relationships including
- maintain relationships with reinsurers and capital markets
- Maintain compliance with required licensing and reinsurance treaties
- Explore use of alternative risk transfer solutions ILS or other to reduce balance sheet exposure to Tint and increase product flexibility
- Hire and develop a results oriented team.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have built out underwriting and risk transfer teams for InsurTech’s or MGA’s
- Have prior experience in dealing with Assurance products backed by insurance
- Previously built out a department from scratch
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong business relationships with insurers, fronting carriers and reinsurance markets
- Natural curiosity. You love learning how things work and you are always looking for innovative improvements;
- BA/BS degree in a related field ideal;
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership to a team of talented professionals;
- Advanced proficiency with the underwriting tools
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Your communication style is flexible to the situation. You communicate clearly and with a purpose;
- A strong customer service bias. You want to get to yes. You are known for your super responsiveness. You can say no and preserve your relationships;
- You have a strong sense of accountability, fun and adventure;
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including overnight travel
- 100% remote, distributed, and inclusive team (EU and US time zones) 🗿
- Health Benefits and 401k plan (US only) 🏥
- Competitive salary 💰
- Generous equity grant 📈
- Co-working stipend 🗄
- Equipment package 💻
- Company-sponsored team retreats in exotic destinations 🌏
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up daily as their authentic selves.
Tint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tint considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with federal, state, local, and international law. In our job application procedures, Tint is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please let your recruiter know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.