Director of Claims & TPA
At Tint, we believe any company should be able to protect its customers from the inherent risks of using its product or service. We empower tech platforms to increase conversions and generate new revenue streams by embedding protection. We help companies such as Deel, Outdoorsy, Guesty, Neighbor, CitizenShipper, Riders Share, and uShip (among others!) unlock the growth of their core business and improve profitability with protection products.
Tint provides expert services and innovative technology to build, launch, and manage protection programs leveraging our simple API and no-code app. To date, we’ve helped millions of users get peace of mind.
We've raised $30M and are backed by world-class investors such as Y Combinator, QED, Deciens, Nyca, Plug and Play, WIN, Soma Capital, Pioneer Fund, and angels such as Vikram Pandit (former CEO Citigroup) and founders/CEOs of Oscar Health, Sun Microsystems, Zuora, Gusto, Kin, Turo, Mercury, Wepay, Ramp, amongst others.
About the role
Tint is looking for a Director of Claims to develop a world class claims advisory and operations practice and oversee P&L of Tint’s outsourced case servicing and advisory services. In addition to building out our inhouse advisory and case administration team, the selected candidate will be responsible to develop and oversee a network of TPA’s and other claims services providers to manage clients claims/cases related for a variety of new embedded protection solutions/coverage types. Selected candidates will also play a key role in supporting our sales teams to close new business and provide key input into our product team on claims related requirements for our technology platform.
As the team lead you will be responsible for building, coaching, and measuring a team that is assertive, understands its clients, and tactfully steers the team to success Lastly, you will put your entrepreneurial skills to work always looking for ways to grow Tint’s business with our prospective & existing clients.
What you will do
- You will lead developing a world class claims advisory and operations services to enable Tint to deliver a variety of protection offerings and will serve as a key stakeholder in development of future Tint offerings from ideation through launch
- Oversee P&L of Tint’s outsourced case servicing and advisory services
- Develop a claims/case administration network, with responsibility for for sourcing partners, negotiating terms, implementing controls and ensuring quality / oversight of all operations
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for the management of TPAs, cultivating a customer experience focused culture of excellence
- Develop and implement processes and technological enhancements to improve claims handling
- Provide product requirements as for the the claims infrastructure required to effectively administer the cases/claims of Tint's clients
- Oversee day to day claims operations
- Direct relevant internal processes throughout the claims lifecycle
- Develop & execute a long term, innovative vision of the claims infrastructure and processes needed to meet Tint's clients needs
- Provide risk/reduction/risk mitigation advice essential to business decisions throughout across options and product
- Support sales activities
- Create strategies, tools, and processes unique to claims/cases involving embedded protections
- Serve as subject matter expert on claims in working groups and committees
- Remain current of state/territory regulations and issues, industry activities and trends and contributes to cross functional efforts in support of company wide initiatives
- Support companies reinsurance /recovery efforts
You should apply if you...
- Have mastery of insurance claims principles (legal, operations, practices and procedures) and broad understanding of the critical issues in other related areas, with 10+ years experience with Property and/or Products liability, Errors & Omissions and/or other complex liability claims
- Have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects while prioritizing high impact work
- Can act as a thought leader and adapt priorities, decisions and roadmaps based on the broader company strategy
- Are adept at bringing creative insurance product ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Possess advanced communication skills which are critical to building consensus across area of influence (external and/or internal relationships), team, and/or matrix environment
- Have a strong ambition and excitement towards developing and innovating processes
- Have had exposure to and passion for high growth environments
- Have strong leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism, with proven ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within scope of responsibility
- Have senior level knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services
- Have a demonstrated ability to identify top talent and develop an effective team
What We Value Most in a Candidate
- Culture is Key. Our team is remote first. We are a diverse, global team that works well together, even when we aren't in person. We are looking for self-motivated candidates who can stay motivated and focused. But don't worry, we're still social! We work collaboratively even though we are remote and travel to team and company retreats throughout the year.
- Focused on Results. We are a fast-moving small team with big goals. We need team players that feel a sense of urgency to drive meaningful results for the business. We have clear company goals and a pathway to significant growth - and this role is integral to that journey.
- Customer-first. Put yourself in the shoes of someone trying to buy our solution. We need a person who can empathize with our customers and help create strategies to continually improve the customer experience.
- Adaptability. We're still an early-stage start-up, and things change quickly. If you are energized by learning and discovering on-the-go, this will be an excellent fit for you. We are looking for open-minded candidates that adapt well to changing environments as our company grows and scales.
Tint isn’t just focused on transforming the entire insurance industry - we have ambitious goals, value merit and open communication, celebrating diversity and unique ideas. At Tint, we support your personal and professional growth by offering the below benefits:
- Flexible Working. With over 40 people in 13 countries across EU and US time zones, we are outcome-focused and give our people the flexibility they need to do their best work. To support flexible working, we’ll give you a stipend to get your home office dialed in and we’ll also reimburse you for co-working space memberships.
- Flexible Time Off. It's pretty simple: we don't control the days and hours that each of us works, so we're free to manage our time however we want to achieve the goals and deliverables we committed to. We have unlimited vacation time. Use it whenever you need to recharge!
- Competitive Compensation. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll receive equity as part of your offer. We’re all owners - when Tint succeeds, we all succeed! We also help you maximize your money by offering an FSA and a 401(k).
- Comprehensive Healthcare. Tint covers 100% of employee premiums for medical, vision and dental.
- Company Retreats to Exciting Locations. We meet in person as a company twice a year to make sure we have time to connect in real life and get to have those conversations that are better done in person. These retreats are a mix of business and fun and we always choose a cool, central-ish location - think Barcelona, Playa del Carmen, Mallorca… Add on a few days of your flexible time off and you’ve *almost* got a free vacation somewhere cool!
This role is fully remote, however the ideal candidate is located in the US.
It is Tint’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Tint’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is expected to be $160,000 - $220,000. The total compensation package for this position includes an equity package as well as the benefits listed above.
- Product Overview and Demo
- Pictures of our January 2023 company retreat in Mexico
- Series A announcement
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up daily as their authentic selves.
Tint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tint considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with federal, state, local, and international law. In our job application procedures, Tint is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please let your recruiter know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.