Senior Solutions Engineer
Tint is Stripe for Insurance. We empower tech platforms to sell more by embedding unique insurance and guarantee products that protect their end-users. We help companies such as Deel, Guesty, Neighbor, uShip and CitizenShipper, among others, unlock the growth of their core business and improve profitability with insurance.
Our product provides everything needed to run an insurance program, from setting underwriting rules to managing customers' policies to handling claims. All are available through a simple API and a no-code app.
We've raised $30M and are backed by world-class investors such as Y Combinator, QED, Deciens, Nyca, Plug and Play, WIN, Soma Capital, Pioneer Fund, and angels such as Vikram Pandit (former CEO Citigroup) and founders/CEOs of Oscar Health, Sun Microsystems, Zuora, Gusto, Kin, Turo, Mercury, Wepay, Ramp, amongst others.
With Tint, our customers protect their end-users when something unexpected happens. They can include this coverage for free or provide it as an add-on. To date, we've helped millions of users get peace of mind.
About the role
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, your role is pivotal in guiding our customers toward optimal solutions for integrating with our platform. You'll be at the forefront of our mission, utilizing your exceptional analytical skills, deep technical knowledge, and outstanding communication abilities to guide our customers to launch successful programs. Your role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, making each day rewarding.
You'll be a vital contributor to our team's success, driving innovation, technical excellence, and customer growth. If you're passionate about technology, love the opportunities working in a startup environment brings, and are ready to take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us on this exciting journey.
What you will do
- Create integration solutions for customers, seeking to standardize implementation paths for new customer use cases.
- Use effective communication to bridge the gap between various stakeholders, ensuring that everyone is on the same page and working towards common goals.
- Work closely with the Product and Customer Success teams sharing your insights from working closely with our customers' to propose innovative solutions that address platform gaps and enhance our offerings.
- Analyze different implementation paths, evaluate the tradeoffs and recommend the best solution.
- Comprehensively document decisions, outlining the pros and cons of each choice to ensure both internal and customer teams are synchronized.
- You'll be hands-on with engineering tasks when needed, creating custom functionalities for integrations.
- Engage in pair programming with peers, and conduct thorough code reviews, you'll be an automated testing expert and advocate for coding best practices.
- Mentor junior Solutions Engineers, guiding them through challenges and helping them grow as well as play a part in our recruitment process, evaluating candidates and contributing to our team's growth.
You should apply if you have...
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer (using either Node or Python),
- 2+ years in a customer-facing position (support, sales or solutions engineering)
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex customer requirements with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with customers, team members and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to create implementation paths for new customer use cases and propose solutions for identified platform gaps
- Ability to lead the team to successfully execute on a set of requirements
- Advocate for continually improving our processes based on field experience to enhance team efficiency
- You'll excel in resolving ambiguity, tackling complex integrations, and estimating efforts for new customer integrations
- Commitment to rigorous documentation, coding best practices and automated testing
- Willingness to mentor junior Solutions Engineers and share knowledge with peers
- Excellent written and oral English communication
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced startup environment
- US based, working remotely
What We Value Most in a Candidate
- Culture is Key. Our team is remote first. We are a diverse, global team that works well together, even when we aren't in person. We are looking for self-motivated candidates who can stay motivated and focused. But don't worry, we're still social! We work collaboratively even though we are remote and travel to team and company retreats throughout the year.
- Focused on Results. We are a fast-moving small team with big goals. We need team players that feel a sense of urgency to drive meaningful results for the business. We have clear company goals and a pathway to significant growth - and this role is integral to that journey.
- Customer-first. Put yourself in the shoes of someone trying to buy our solution. We need a person who can empathize with our customers and help create strategies to continually improve the customer experience.
- Adaptability. We're still an early-stage start-up, and things change quickly. If you are energized by learning and discovering on-the-go, this will be an excellent fit for you. We are looking for open-minded candidates that adapt well to changing environments as our company grows and scales.
Tint isn’t just focused on transforming the entire insurance industry - we have ambitious goals, value merit and open communication, celebrating diversity and unique ideas. At Tint, we support your personal and professional growth by offering the below benefits:
- Flexible Working. With over 40 people in 13 countries across EU and US time zones, we are outcome-focused and give our people the flexibility they need to do their best work. To support flexible working, we’ll give you a stipend to get your home office dialed in and we’ll also reimburse you for co-working space memberships.
- Flexible Time Off. It's pretty simple: we don't control the days and hours that each of us works, so we're free to manage our time however we want to achieve the goals and deliverables we committed to. We have unlimited vacation time. Use it whenever you need to recharge!
- Competitive Compensation. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll receive equity as part of your offer. We’re all owners - when Tint succeeds, we all succeed! We also help you maximize your money by offering an FSA and a 401(k).
- Comprehensive Healthcare. Tint covers 100% of employee (and dependent!) premiums for medical, vision and dental.
- Company Retreats to Exciting Locations. We meet in person as a company twice a year to make sure we have time to connect in real life and get to have those conversations that are better done in person. These retreats are a mix of business and fun and we always choose a cool, central-ish location - think Barcelona, Playa del Carmen, Mallorca… Add on a few days of your flexible time off and you’ve *almost* got a free vacation somewhere cool!
This role is fully remote, however our ideal candidate is located in the US.
It is Tint’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Tint’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is expected to be $140,000 - $230,000. The total compensation package for this position includes an equity package as well as the benefits listed above.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
- Find out about our Engineering Culture
- Life at Tint
- Product Overview and Demo
- June 2023 Retreat in Barcelona
- Series A announcement
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up daily as their authentic selves.
Tint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tint considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with federal, state, local, and international law. In our job application procedures, Tint is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please let your recruiter know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.