Senior Analytics Engineer
Torch Leadership Labs
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
At Torch, we believe in the power of people. People are the heart of every success story. They collaborate to achieve ambitious things together. And they inspire others to build a better future.
That’s why our mission at Torch is to unlock the potential of people, teams, and organizations. We believe that trusted relationships are the key to helping people realize their full potential. When people experience transformational growth in the context of a trusted relationship, they achieve more, their teams excel, and their organizations thrive.
By combining a community of expert coaches, scalable technology, and the latest behavioral science, Torch helps our customers develop their people, create stronger leaders and managers, and drive business performance.
Backed by top-tier investors, Torch is a fast-growing, mission-driven SaaS startup comprised of people who are passionate about helping leaders, their teams, and their organizations achieve more. Torch is a fully distributed team. Please note we are only accepting US based applicants at this time.
The Data & Analytics team at Torch is looking for an experienced Analytics Engineer who can uplevel our insights delivery. This position will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager and work alongside our Senior Data Analyst. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to shape Torch’s data strategy and drive insights that inform product decisions across the company.
All Torch employees are expected to reflect and enhance our company values, GROW:
Go deep: We study the science, learn from the best practitioners, and dig in with customers to solve their unique needs.
Relationships matter: We lean into relationships with empathy to create more meaningful connections and more meaningful impact.
Own it: We take responsibility for our commitments, our contributions, our results and for the success of those around us.
Win together: We believe that happiness and fulfillment at work comes from shared success and value.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business needs and deliver data products that enable smarter decision making.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to improve data quality, data capture, accessibility and governance.
- Create data models that provide business visibility into metrics such as user engagement, growth, customer health and more.
- Share knowledge across teams, developing best practices and standards for analytics engineering and data warehousing.
- Automate processes to increase efficiency of data analysis across Torch.
- Manage our DBT implementation and develop new data models and pipelines.
- 3+ years of experience as an Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst or Data Engineer
- 2+ year of experience with DBT
- Proficiency with python, SQL and data modeling concepts
- Experience with a modern business intelligence tool (Preset / Superset preferred)
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git
Nice to Have
- Experience with orchestration and ingestion tools such as Dagster, Airflow, lambda functions and Airbyte
- Background or interest in AI and ML Data Ops
- Background in statistics or data science
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Torch Coaching
- UP Days (flexible Fridays)
- Remote Work Stipend
Torch ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law