Lead Security Engineer
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2022
The problem we're solving:
Truv empowers financial firms to underwrite with confidence. We believe that discerning fact from fiction about an applicant’s employment and income shouldn’t be a process that takes days, dozens of phone calls, or hidden behind black boxes. Truv provides a frictionless and secure infrastructure that connects financial institutions and background screeners to 45+ payroll providers that house the data of 120M+ US workers. And consumers benefit from faster turnarounds and greater financial opportunities.
The community we’re creating:
We’re an experienced team of thinkers, innovators, and entrepreneurs solving some big problems. And we’re looking for bold leaders to join us. Our remote-first distributed team hails from Bay Area, Miami, Toronto and London. We believe in creating a community where everyone belongs and thrives, regardless of location. So, if you’re excited about using cutting-edge technology and working alongside colleagues who’ve built groundbreaking products at Apple, Uber, Facebook, Carta, Venmo, Telegram, and Plaid—hop on.
The values you possess:
Our values are the specific behaviors and skills that we care most about. The more these values sound like you and the people you want to work with, the more likely you’ll thrive at Truv.
· Bias for action - move fast and get things done.
· Customer obsession – we start with making the customer happy and work backward.
· Good judgment – make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
· Focus on impact – solve important problems first.
· Transparent and direct – informed people make better decisions.
· Win as a team – we win and lose (rarely) as a team.
· Continuous improvement – all improvements matter because they compound exponentially.
What you’ll do
- Facilitate the security baked into our applications throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Drive security architecture development, and functional controls oversight.
- Monitor vulnerabilities across different environments in the company.
- Report on security control effectiveness and provide up to date compliance metrics to the leadership.
- Ensure that our customers understand Truv's security posture, tackling objections along the way, and occasionally responding to security questionnaires.
- Audit security configurations across cloud environments (e.g., AWS).
What would set you up for success
- 5+ years of experience.
- Deep understanding of AWS cloud services and security configurations.
- Good knowledge of Postgres DB.
- Familiarity with ISO 27001, SOC 2 frameworks and their applicability to Truv’s business.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, learn, and ask thoughtful questions that help surface risk.
- Experience within fintech, the financial services industry, or another critical infrastructure industry preferred (health, government, etc.).
Benefits we offer
- Fully-remote company.
- Equity options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- 100% of medical, dental & vision benefits covered.
See more open positions at Truv
Something looks off?