Head Of Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
The work we’re doing:
Truv empowers financial firms to underwrite with confidence. We believe that discerning fact from fiction about an applicant’s employment and income shouldn’t be a process that takes days, dozens of phone calls, or hidden behind black boxes. Truv provides a frictionless and secure infrastructure that connects financial institutions and background screeners to 45+ payroll providers that house the data of 120M+ US workers. And consumers benefit from faster turnarounds and greater financial opportunities.
The community we’re creating:
We’re an experienced team of thinkers, innovators, and entrepreneurs solving some big problems. And we’re looking for bold leaders to join us. Our remote-first distributed team hails from Bay Area, Miami, Toronto and London. We believe in creating a community where everyone belongs and thrives, regardless of location. So, if you’re excited about using cutting-edge technology and working alongside colleagues who’ve built groundbreaking products at Apple, Uber, Facebook, Carta, Venmo, Telegram, and Plaid—hop on.
As the Head of Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing and executing our partnership and alliance strategy to drive growth and expand our reach in the market.
- Deal Making: Lead the identification, development, and negotiation of strategic partnerships and alliances, ensuring the best terms and outcomes for the company. This includes generating and structuring deals without compromising channel conflict.
- Data Acquisition: Leverage your expertise in data partnerships to assess and acquire relevant data sources. Evaluate vendors, assess their performance, and structure revenue-sharing agreements to optimize data-driven opportunities.
- NPI and Codevelopment: Identify market needs and opportunities for new products, and pitch innovative ideas to potential partners. Collaborate with customers to co-develop products that meet market demands.
- Partnership Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive partnership strategy that aligns with the company's business objectives and ensures sustainable growth.
- Relationship Management: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key partners, fostering collaboration and mutual success.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with product development, marketing, sales, and other departments to seamlessly integrate partnerships into the company's operations.
- Performance Metrics: Define and monitor KPIs and metrics to evaluate the success of partnerships and make data-driven optimizations.
- Team Leadership: Provide mentorship and guidance to a team of partnership managers, nurturing their success.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business or related field. MBA preferred
- 7+ years of progressive, relevant experience in deal-making, partnership management, and data acquisition within a top technology company. Software and SaaS experience preferred.
- Proficiency in assessing and acquiring data sources, vendor evaluation, and revenue-sharing agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to pitch new products and co-develop solutions with partners.
- Exceptional negotiation, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to develop and execute partnership strategies.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset for performance measurement and optimization.
- Knowledge of the lending industry is a plus.
The Values You Possess:
- Ownership - founder mentality
- Fast-moving and have bias for action - you get deals quickly and don't get stuck on analysis paralysis
- Scrappy - you can work without any support as an IC
- Data-driven - you can build a business case along with assessing vendors·
- Transparent and direct - informed people make better decisions.
- Win as a team – we win and lose (rarely) as a team.