Professional Services Principal (Emissions & Regulatory Reporting Expert), Canada
Legal, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Who we are:
Validere is a measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) SaaS company that helps energy organizations transform disconnected, incomplete data into clear and immediately actionable pathways to financial and environmental value.
Over 50 of North America’s leading energy companies rely on Validere’s technology and multidisciplinary experts to understand their physical and environmental commodities and navigate an increasingly complex environment with clarity and ease.
Validere is on a mission to better human prosperity by making the energy supply chain efficient and sustainable. The company has offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Professional Services Principal with a strong background in Emissions Management & Regulatory and/or Voluntary Reporting to join our team in Canada. You will be responsible for managing and delivering high-impact projects in the emissions management regulatory and voluntary reporting space, partnering with a high-skilled, cross-functional team across pre-sales, post-sales (client delivery), data analytics and product development to help us scale for growth. Strong performers in this role will have the opportunity for upward mobility and/or growth into other areas of Validere’s offerings and business units.
Let’s give you a purpose:
- Provide strategic guidance around emissions management to our clients to deliver Validere’s Consulting Services & software solutions
- Act as an internal thought leader to ensure Validere’s offering is in line with client needs and market trends
- Service Validere clients by providing compelling data-driven analysis and recommendations with a laser-focus on delivering value and removing friction
- Oversee and guide a team of junior Services Consultants to deliver on work sold for which you are the project manager (examples of projects you may be working on: help client conduct a process review and business case of a MiQ pilot, update emissions calculations as per latest government reporting standards, TIER optimization, prepare emissions forecasting discovery workshop for interested clients)
- Identify value add opportunities for clients and collaborate with cross-functional teams to scope, execute and deliver on these new initiatives
- Act as source of feedback from clients for product usability and Services effectiveness to promote continuous improvement in Product development and Services practices
- Support our pre-sales team with pitch strategy and technical scoping such as data requirements and possible project plans for an engagement
What you’ll bring along:
- Must have knowledge of Canadian Federal and Provincial emissions regulatory landscape (AB, BC desired) as related to the oil & gas industry
- Must have a strong track record of working in emissions management related to the oil gas industry in a leading role (8+ years experience)
- Experience working with voluntary frameworks is a nice to have
- A problem-solver mentality with a strong desire to understand the “why” and “how” of complex issues
- Comfort working with data and using it to build compelling arguments, recommendations, and reports
- Resourceful, structured approach to dealing with new challenges, complexity, or ambiguity
- Ability to perform basic analytics, structure data, quickly identify root problems, prototype solutions, and manage path to deployment & scaling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor messaging for technical and business audiences
- Hunger to constantly expand your existing knowledge of the emissions space
We love it here, you will too:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- RRSP/401(k) matching programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- Great Place to Work Certified
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
Our shared values:
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Make it more scalable everyday
- Be fair & transparent
- Stay well & safe
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
See more open positions at Validere
Something looks off?