Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Who we are:
Validere is a measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) SaaS company that helps energy organizations transform disconnected, incomplete data into clear and immediately actionable pathways to financial and environmental value.
Over 50 of North America’s leading energy companies rely on Validere’s technology and multidisciplinary experts to understand their physical and environmental commodities and navigate an increasingly complex environment with clarity and ease.
Validere is on a mission to better human prosperity by making the energy supply chain efficient and sustainable. The company has offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto.
Who you are:
You believe in the power of first-principles thinking – you have the strong desire to understand any topic at a deeper level than most, and are unsatisfied with decisions based on convention or unjustified assumptions. You have a growth mindset, passion for learning new things and curious restlessness. You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, formulate and test hypotheses quickly and efficiently. If you feel like we described you, you might be the next Data Consultant to join our Data Consulting Team.
Let's give you a purpose
- Lead discovery with clients and internal stakeholders to uncover new business use cases and drive data strategy
- Work with clients to deliver end-to-end solutions leveraging Validere’s software product and proprietary algorithms
- Develop and standardize best practices for data tooling and product configuration across disparate business use cases
- Configure and maintain automated data ETL pipelines to enable real-time insights
What you'll bring along
- Growth mindset, passion for learning new things, restlessness
- First-principles thinking – you have the strong desire to understand any topic at a deeper level than most, and are unsatisfied with decisions based on convention or unjustified assumptions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, formulate and test hypotheses quickly and efficiently
- Experience with Python and common data packages (NumPy, Pandas)
- Proficient communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with disparate data sources (i.e SQL, CSV, APIs) and leverage a Python codebase
- Familiarity with leveraging standard API protocols and practices to query, manipulate and ingest data
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or another quantitative field (e.g. physics, math, statistics, etc.)
- Preferred: 1-2 years experience in a similar role (data analyst, data engineer, etc.) with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving projects to completion
We love it here, you will too
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- Great Place to Work Certified
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
Our shared values
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Make it more scalable everyday
- Be fair & transparent
- Stay well & safe
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.