Software Engineer (Full Stack)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, September 5, 2022
About Verse Medical
We’re building the software infrastructure that enables hospital-quality care, at home. As healthcare costs have increased, the patient’s home has become incredibly important as a site of care.
Yet, patients recovering at home are highly underserved. Patients can only get better at home if they receive the high-quality care that they need reliably. The existing in-home care process involves patchwork of different vendors, all connected through faxes by nurses. We’re building modern, robust software that solves this challenge. We currently work with patients and hospitals across the United States.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in technology and healthcare and have ambitious expansion plans. It’s a particularly exciting time to join the company as we’re aggressively expanding the team.
This is a remote-friendly role for mid to senior level candidates, but we do have a preference for candidates who can work out of our NYC (Flatiron) office. The compensation for this position scales based on experience.
Why This Role:
- Verse is one of the fastest growing companies in digital health. There isn’t that much out there about us online, but we’re solving a pretty critical set of problems within healthcare and we’ve found clear product-market fit.
- We’re very well capitalized with many years of runway.
- Engineers at Verse aren’t siloed off from the rest of the company. Every engineer works closely with customers & internal teams to define exactly what needs to be built. We’ve found that having our engineering team closely understand our users’ and internal needs has been critical to our success. This means that you quickly get exposure to the full product development process at Verse.
- We’ve maintained a high bar for talent. We strive to hire folks that have the skills to take ownership of features & products end to end.
- Build software for hospitals and patients that will make their lives easier.
- Find creative solutions to complex technical and product problems.
- Build prototypes fast, but with a path in mind to turn them into robust systems over time.
- Operate with a lot of independence and responsibility in solving complex issues.
- Work with relevant stakeholders outside of engineering to figure out the right solutions to issues.
- 2 or more years of experience working as a fullstack software engineer.
- Exposure to frontend development with React, Vue, Angular, etc.
- Experience with SQL databases (Postgres, MySQL, etc.) and deep familiarity with SQL.
- Great communication, written and verbal.
- Languages: Python and Typescript
- Infrastructure: Postgres, Airflow, Google Cloud Platform
- Frameworks: Flask, React, Apollo GraphQL
- Pragmatism over elegance.
- Simplicity of implementation.
- Speed of execution.
- Strong fundamentals in one's domain.
- Salary range of $100,000 - $200,000. This pay range is provided for candidates based in New York City. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Opportunities for rapid career advancement in a growing company.
- 100% premium coverage for health insurance.
- 401(k) with no matching at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Verse Medical.