Director of Payor Relations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
About Verse Medical
We’re building the software infrastructure that enables hospital-quality care, at home. As healthcare costs have increased, the patient’s home has become incredibly important as a site of care.
Yet, patients recovering at home are highly underserved. Patients can only get better at home if they receive the high-quality care that they need reliably. The existing in-home care process involves patchwork of different vendors, all connected through faxes by nurses. We’re building modern, robust software that solves this challenge. We currently work with patients and hospitals across the United States.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in technology and healthcare and have ambitious expansion plans. It’s a particularly exciting time to join the company as we’re aggressively expanding the team.
The Director of Payor Relations role is focused on building, maintaining and growing our relationships with healthcare payors. As a leadership on our team, it involves collaborating closely with our executive team to execute on our payor relations strategy and scaling a team focused on payor relations.
- Execute on our national payor relations strategy, both as an individual contributor and as a team leader
- Collaborate with company leadership in defining payor-relevant aspects of our company strategy
- Identify new areas of opportunity for the company with regards to payor relationships
- Implement KPIs & processes within the payor relationship development process that enable our team to accurately assess progress & identify issues
- Lead negotiation for payor contracts
- Work with counsel to manage the contract closing & redlining process
- Evaluate the impact & success of existing payor contracts
- Monitor relevant policy changes at a state & national level
- 5+ years in a relevant role (e.g. in payor relations at a provider or at a health plan)
- Demonstrated ability working with large health plans and/or employers
- Direct experience working within and/or selling to health plans
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong critical thinking & analytical skills
- High degree of attention to detail