Head of Revenue Cycle Management
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
About Verse Medical
We’re building the software infrastructure that enables hospital-quality care, at home. As healthcare costs have increased, the patient’s home has become incredibly important as a site of care.
Yet, patients recovering at home are highly underserved. Patients can only get better at home if they receive the high-quality care that they need reliably. The existing in-home care process involves patchwork of different vendors, all connected through faxes by nurses. We’re building modern, robust software that solves this challenge. We currently work with patients and hospitals across the United States.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in technology and healthcare and have ambitious expansion plans. It’s a particularly exciting time to join the company as we’re aggressively expanding the team.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Execute, develop and improve Verse’s revenue cycle operational processes
- Manage our revenue cycle team consisting of billers
- Recruit new revenue cycle team members as we scale and manage a headcount forecast for the function
- Analyze and produce reports on the efficiency of our cash collection processes
- Work with our engineering team as a stakeholder in order to automate more of the revenue cycle process
- Present reports, analytics & insights to other executives and contribute to Verse’s strategy
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in revenue cycle management and 2+ years running a revenue cycle team
- Ideally, experience with durable medical equipment (DME) billing
- Experience with government payors required, some experience with commercial preferred
- Experience setting & managing against performance expectations on a revenue cycle team
- Exceptional analytical skills — you reason by numbers, not by anecdotes. Strong Excel skills are required, experience with other analytical tools preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication in English
Why this role
- Revenue cycle is often viewed as a somewhat boring practical necessity for many companies. This is not the case at Verse.
- We're actually innovating within the revenue cycle process with our product and it's a very important function for our company.
- This role stands at the forefront of defining how RCM will work at Verse.
- This means you'll have the chance to define, run and improve our RCM processes and also work closely with our product team as a stakeholder to improve the way these processes work through software.