Rust Expert - Senior Software Engineer
Role: Rust Expert
About The Role
We are seeking a skilled Rust Engineer with industrial-strength software engineering skills to help us enable WebAssembly on any infrastructure compiled from any programing language.
Our mission is to make software universally available. We are committed to the open-source community and strive to contribute to developers and companies worldwide to help make Wasmer and WebAssembly a universal standard.
You are a highly-skilled Rust Engineer and want to work on the software that will power the next generation of Cloud and Edge Computing platforms using WebAssembly.
What You Will Do
- Maintain, architect, and build next-generation infrastructure to support WebAssembly applications like WebAssembly containers, storage, networking, orchestration, etc.
- Work on open-source and commercial products that support developer and enterprise customer requirements.
- Write tests and implement automated testing for backend services to deliver a high-quality user experience.
- Be the Rust and WebAssembly domain expertise and proactively communicate ideas for improvement or identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Build strong and trusting partnerships with product management to ensure that engineering is in lock-step and aligned with the product vision.
What You Need
- Proficiency in Rust or C, C++ development.
- Experience developing and working with WebAssembly, WASI, and Emscripten.
- Expertise with POSIX, sockets, and memory management.
- A strong sense of self-motivation and love working with a high level of ownership and responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience in developing Open Source infrastructure software and tools.
- Availability to overlap four hours with CET.
- A positive and respectful attitude.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated ability to dive into and work with large codebases.
- Strong abstraction, algorithmic, and software architecture skills.
- Master of Science (nice to have), Ph.D. in Computer Science (nice to have), or equivalent experience.
Why Join Us?
You want to work for a start-up focused on solving real problems with an open-source community-first approach for building a business.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Flexible and or remote work policies
- Health coverage.
- Monthly fitness stipend.
- Monthly stipend for open-source contributions.
- Economic support for skills development, continuous learning, and attending conferences.
For our runtime our stack is based mainly on Rust, WebAssembly and LLVM. However, if you have experience with low-level systems languages (such as C, C++, Zig, ...) you will fit on the role perfectly.