Head of Product
Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis — from lab data to plot — with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Watershed is hiring its first Head of Product, reporting to the founder and CEO. The ideal candidate has experience building data platforms and products, leading and scaling high-performing teams, working cross-functionally to drive alignment and processes, and is passionate about transforming an industry. The individual will be a strong cross-functional leader and able to translate Watershed’s vision to key strategies and execution, with a focus on building powerful data products and human-centered solutions. S/he will work closely with leadership and commercial teams to deliver industry leading products and be an evangelist for the platform.
- Work closely with the CEO and the heads of the engineering, science, and marketing teams to build the long-term product strategy and roadmap
- Drive ongoing market and competitive analysis to develop a deep and broad understanding of the space and other competitors
- Identify product opportunities via market research, collaboration with internal stakeholders and direct engagement with partners
- Estimate value and/or revenue potential and formulate a successful selling and launch strategy, including some pre-sales support
- Help drive product positioning; ensure quality product launches while supporting effective product launch announcements and GTM efforts (plans, training, sales, etc)
- Build and maintain the product roadmap; develop weekly/monthly/quarterly product goals and priorities with internal alignment
- Develop product and feature requirements with a holistic platform vision. Must be able to collaborate with engineering on implementation
- Responsible for key product metrics and developing product dashboards to track progress
- Build high performing product management, research and UI/UX capabilities and teams over time
- 8-10 years of experience overseeing all aspects of product management
- Experience taking a technically powerful but rough around the edges product and taking it to the next level
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical chops
- Results-oriented, focused on experiential, operational, and financial outcomes
- Hands on, ability to roll up their sleeves, and willingness to learn and teach
- Able to take complex problems and design creative, elegant solutions
- Experience working at a fast-paced startup while knowing what great looks like
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Working knowledge of data science, Python, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus