Product Marketing Manager
Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis — from lab data to plot — with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Marketing Manager Role
Watershed is hiring a Product Marketing Manager, reporting to the Head of Scientific Solutions and working closely with the CEO. The ideal candidate is an ambitious individual, prepared to lead our outbound marketing activities. You’ll be responsible for presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales.
The role is an excellent opportunity for a self-starting candidate who is a creative and quantitative thinker who is seeking to gain experience in a fast-paced and rapidly growing tech-bio startup. You should be familiar with various product marketing techniques, like email campaigns and pricing strategies. Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote our products.
- Translate technical details into benefits for the user
- Follow and analyze market trends to position products
- Develop product marketing strategies (pricing, advertising, product launching)
- Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
- Work with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, sales) to implement strategies
- Test marketing product features, releases and ad copy
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- Create technical product marketing materials, including videos, white papers, presentations, web content, and more
- Identify and generate opportunities for webinars and other public event forums to evangelize Watershed product capabilities and customer value
- Craft marketing strategy and messaging, and help maintain technical accuracy of marketing messages
- Work with customers and partners to understand their needs and illustrate product capabilities and value
- Build and maintain a strong collaborative partnership with product management, marketing design, engineering, sales, informatics, and other functions across the business
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in technical product marketing, brand management, or similar roles
- Experience in enterprise software markets, ideally those serving Cloud Operations, Information Security, and/or biotechnology sectors
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Superior ability to explain complex concepts clearly for a variety of audiences
- Adept at building relationships and collaborating with a diverse customer base
- Strongly capable at blending strategic thinking with creative execution
- Excellent organizational skills and strong follow-through
- Background in design and copywriting is a plus
- Experience in market analysis
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, collaborative environment where change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- High level of iInherent drive and self-starter attitude
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or similar field
Benefits and culture:
- Competitive salary, benefits, and equity compensation package
- Uber eats stipend when working
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy in a rewarding, supportive environment
- Open door policy with a focus on collaboration
Watershed is an equal-opportunity employer and believes diversity of all types is integral to company success. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.