Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis — from lab data to plot — with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Linux Systems Engineers at Watershed engineer infrastructure to meet the high-performance computing needs of modern biology. Designing systems that keep pace with the explosive growth in the kinds and size of biological data, you will work in a highly-customized bare metal environment where our biocomputing platform and analyses run at scale. You will be tasked with engineering a new cloud experience while enabling our technology evolution in a disciplined way.
- Build, manage, and deploy a large fleet of Linux servers
- Research new technologies and solutions, implement them or build better
- Be the connection between hardware and software
- Monitor system performance and manage capacity.
- Fix and analyze technical incidents, solve ad hoc technical problems.
- Experience composing infrastructure-as-code for a modern environment
- Demonstrate a software developer mindset, building tools when necessary
- Knowledge of virtualization, networking, and Linux Kernel internals
- Ability to clearly communicate your thoughts, ask the right questions, and defend your views
- Responsibility and ownership over your domain.