Business Development Account Executive
In this role, you will be working cross functionally across teams including sales, marketing, revenue operations, customer success, product, design, and engineering to secure partnership agreements and close deals with corporate stakeholders at some of the most innovative and fastest growing restaurant brands in the United States. The Business Development Account Executive will report to the Head of Business Development and play a key role in scaling our go-to-market operating model.
Day in the Life:
- Establish trusted relationships with executive leadership teams (Chief Human Resource Officers, VP Talent & Recruiting, Chief Operating Officer, VP Innovation) at leading brands to secure MSAs (preferred vendor status) to drive adoption of the Workstream solution, generate outsized value relative to total cost of ownership, and expand the partnership through cross-sell and up-sell
- Prospect into leading restaurant brands through investor, franchisee, trade associations and executive team introductions as well as partner referrals, conferences, calling, email, and LinkedIn messaging
- Present the Workstream product and value proposition to C-level stakeholders to structure and execute corporate MSAs while ensuring successful implementation and store roll-outs
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and customer success to ensure BD efforts are accretive to overall company GTM motion, optimizing for incremental ARR growth given constraints on customer acquisition costs, payback period, churn, and product/engineering capabilities
- Work closely with product and engineering to jointly scope R&D roadmap for corporate / enterprise implementations, ensuring the requisite balance between organic vs. third-party engineering and business priorities and tradeoffs
- Attend relevant restaurant conferences, industry trade group shows, and partner marketing events alongside sales and marketing to grow the Workstream brand and drive share of HR SaaS wallet and mindshare among leading corporate-owned restaurant brands
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience in strategic partnerships, enterprise sales, partnership account management, client success, or business development
- Executive presence and ability to articulate the value proposition of an enterprise software solution, address difficult questions, and drive key stakeholders towards deal close
- A creative and strategic thinker who has experience opportunity sizing, building business cases for executive leadership, and generating buy-in internally and externally
- Team first mindset; we are a humble and hungry group sharing one mission
- Can project manage and work efficiently across departments and LOBs
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty; no job is too big or too small
- Excels under high pressure in fast-paced environments with competing priorities
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup; work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision. We pay 95% of your premiums for our employees and 85% for dependents
- In office amenities and stocked kitchen
- 401K Plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Learning/development stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Office/WFH schedule
Salary Range: In compliance with the California Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $110,000 - $130,000 in San Francisco. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.