Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
As a Mobile App Software Engineer at Workstream, you will play a pivotal role in driving our mission forward by developing, designing, and implementing high-quality mobile applications that cater to our clients' needs. Your work will make a direct impact on the daily lives of billions of hourly workers around the globe.
Day in the Life:
- Design, develop, and maintain high-performance, user-friendly mobile applications for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work closely with the design team to implement UI/UX designs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Interface with back-end software engineers to ensure seamless, high-quality integrations.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, from design to testing and release.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in large scale mobile application development with complex user scenarios.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experiences with native and cross-platform language and frameworks, specifically Swift, Kotlin, React Native, Flutter or similar tech stacks.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Proven track record of pushing mobile apps to App Store/Google Play Store.
- Proven track record of pushing mobile SDKs to production.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think out-of-the-box and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- High English Fluency with Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in fintech products is a plus.
- Experience in machine learning & deep learning is a plus.
- Willingness to take on customer support calls and participate in user research.
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup
- Work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Performance-based year-end bonuses
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote/WFH schedule
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.