Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing design and research team.
Senior Product Designers are leaders within their product areas working with their teams on strategy, roadmap and goals. You must be able to process a wide variety of information, break down complex problems and frame your thinking in ways that anyone in the company can understand. It’s not about what you know and can do as much as it is bringing others along with you.
In addition to tackling exciting design problems, this is a chance to roll up your sleeves and help us build the identity, process and culture of Workstream’s first design and research team. We expect our enterprise product experiences to be held to the same standards as the world’s best consumer products. We relish the challenges and opportunities that come with building a top notch design team — people, process, culture, growth, impact — and we need your help.
A day in the life
- Collaborate with product, engineering, data and research to influence the product vision, roadmap and goals.
- Partner with user research and data teams to translate insights into design goals, concepts and guidelines.
- Design rapidly and iteratively on initial concepts, wireframes, and user flows, informed by user research, trends, and your best ideas.
- Establish a visual system and drive visual craft and standards across the team.
- Own our design system and drive best practices and standards across design, product and engineering teams.
- Develop prototypes and detailed specs to effectively communicate design solutions to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and cross-functional teams.
- Mentor other designers and provide ongoing feedback and support to help them grow in their roles.
- Help develop a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process built on communication and feedback.
- Design for both mobile and web products.
- Advocate for our users through sharing insights and best practices and cultivating an empathetic culture across the company.
Who you are
- A track record of leading product teams from start to finish in delivering high impact and well-crafted products for mobile and web platforms.
- Experience working within an agile/lean product development process or experience working on multiple projects simultaneously while working across teams in a highly collaborative environment.
- Expertise in user-centered design methodologies.
- Experience working closely with user research and data roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
- A passion for building things from scratch, learning as you go and helping others along the way.
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment.
You need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human and Computer Interaction, Web Design, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent practical work experience.
- 5+ Years of experience designing for high-traffic, multi-platform products.
- A portfolio of end-to-end product design work that highlights your involvement, from research and discovery to detailed design and engineering implementation support, and demonstrates your leadership experience and ability to design products that users love.
What We Offer
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup; work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- WeWork Office - Amenities and Perks
- Learning/development stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Office/WFH schedule
In compliance with the British Columbia Pay Transparency Act, the base salary range for this role is between $170,000-$230,000CAD in BC. This range is not inclusive of our equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.