Senior Frontend Engineer
This is a remote position.
We are expanding the functionality of our web application based on market requirements and customer feedback, and are also building integrations with platforms like Chrome, Shopify, etc. So, we are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who can understand our domain, research the market, own the frontend-side of our platform and drive development from the ground up.
You'd build critical features from the ground up, and deliver 5x faster than you have at previous jobs. We're looking for someone who is serious about building, and who can wear many hats.
Your day-to-day work will directly influence how customers and partners interact with our products.
What you'll do
- Take ownership of Writesonic's frontend, all the way to deploys, monitoring, debugging, and overall reliability.
- Research the market and competition, and come up with new features or ways to improve the system.
- Ship major features often, iterate on those features and build out our core infrastructure.
- Build integrations for platforms like Shopify, Squarespace etc.
- Be exposed to every level of the company, working closely with the CEO to meet business goals and working off customer feedback.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional Frontend Development experience.
- You have a strong background in computer science with a degree in CS or a related field.
- Proficient with React and ideally NextJs
- A solid understanding of how to deliver complex frontend applications considering modularity, performance, accessibility, and scale.
- Solid understanding of application performance, and designing low latency, high-speed web applications.
- Attention to the details when implementing UI mockups made by our designers
- Experience interacting with 3rd party APIs (analytics, data collection using forms, etc.).
- Experience building public-facing websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers
- Experience in TDD techniques & Continuous Integration
Here's why you'll love working with us:
- We are fully remote and our team members work flexibly.
- We always encourage our team members to take initiative. They set their own tasks & deadlines.
- Just like our AI writing assistant, we too, work in a fast-paced environment.
- You'll get ample space to showcase your creativity & experiment.
- We believe in working together instead of following a long chain of command.
Writesonic is not a suitable fit for everyone, and that’s OK.
We are looking for energetic and driven individuals with a founder mindset who are passionate about building a product that will change thousands of lives for the better and work hard to achieve their goals.
Here are some of the traits we look for in a potential Writesonic team member:
Egoless - At Writesonic, we are trying things that we have never done before every single day - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If you want to be successful here, you need to embrace the feeling of 'being a beginner' and be willing to accept feedback.
Less Talk; More Action -- We at Writesonic don't just talk; we work hard. We are not a great match if you have a lot of ideas, but don't implement them.
Prioritize aggressively - We're hiring people who are capable of making the right strategic decisions about their time.
If you like the sound of our environment and you’re passionate about joining a team like the one we’ve described, we'd love to talk!