Software Engineer II
We're on a mission to transform the way people find homes. Resident Boost is disrupting the entire real estate market by combining conversational AI, big data, and a knack for leveraging technology to solve real-world business problems.
Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate nationally and have plans to grow rapidly over the next few years. To do that, we need great people committed to our vision in a big way. We're looking to build a team of rockstars that are equally excited about the opportunity to disrupt real estate in a meaningful way!
The ideal candidate is a strategic and data-driven problem solver, eager learner, and well-rounded cross-functional team player ready to tackle the many challenges in real estate today.
Zuma makes an automated sales agent that converses with 100% of inbound leads, ultimately improving the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. We’ve built this from the ground up using AI, ML, and human support which helps increase sales conversion and support capacity for businesses of all kinds. Zuma is one of the fastest-growing startups in San Francisco, and is well-funded and backed by world-class investors such as Y-Combinator, Joe Montana’s fund (Liquid 2 Ventures), Day One Ventures, Soma Capital, and other notable angel investors including Austen Allred (from Lambda School), YC’s ex-COO Qasar Younis, among others.
Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate nationally and have plans to grow rapidly over the next few years. To do that, we need great people committed to our vision in a big way. We're looking to build a team of rockstars that are equally excited about the opportunity to leverage technology to improve the way customers interact with businesses!
We're looking for a Junior Software Engineer with experience building highly scalable systems to join our growing Engineering team at Zuma. In this role, you will work closely with members of the engineering and product teams to deliver against our ambitious product roadmap as well as have a direct impact on the products and features you'll be building. We're a small but nimble team and are looking for candidates who thrive in an autonomous environment, with experience shipping products quickly and iteratively.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment where your work will make an immediate impact as we continue to scale, this would be a great fit for you!
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years experience building with AWS tech stack (RDS, EC2, Lambda)
- Experience in developing complex web application using MERN stack
- Should be hands on knowledge in working on VCS like Git
- Should have hands on knowledge in developing web applications in the React ecosystem
- Should have sound knowledge in algorithms and problem solving techniques
- Should have knowledge about web application development and related technologies
- Bonus: Experience utilizing telecommunication services such as Twilio.
- Bonus: Experience working with Keras/Tensorflow
What You'll Do:
- Organize full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Work alongside and effectively coordinate with other engineers on the team
- Come up with procedures and frameworks to avoid technical debt
- Create efficient architectural and database design
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Help other engineers excel in their job and in their careers
- Create amazing products that scale!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes
We use MERN stack to power our core portal which runs entirely on AWS infrastructure and also have various microservices for various ETL pipelines. We leverage Keras/Tensorflow to power our AI bot, Kelsey.