Senior Staff Software Engineer - Payroll
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks— and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
We're looking for a Sr Staff Engineer to join Rippling's Next Billion Dollar Vertical. You will work directly with a few of Rippling's best engineers to build something that has never been built before, leading the development of the infrastructure that will power all external payments and money movement. This is a high ownership, impact, and visibility role building a product that will directly impact Rippling’s growth.
What you will do
- Lead the design and implementation for our Payroll team
- Develop high quality software with attention to detail
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Have exposure to business and technical leadership to strategize what can improve our revenue and our ability to scale rapidly
- Interact with customers and support them in being successful with Rippling
- Help the organisation scale and grow with the business
- Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
- Become the in-house expert on Rippling customers and competition
What you will need
- 12+ years of software engineering experience, with 5+ years in technical lead or architect roles
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments
- Ideally experience in building out payment infrastructure for companies working at a global scale
- Preferred experience in our technology stack- Python, Django, React, MongoDB, AWS
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by identifying areas of impact and independently pursuing them
- A track record of influencing and enabling forward-thinking technology decisions across a wide organization
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision in written and verbal modes
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?